Monday, November 11, 2013

Paleo Sweet Potato Waffles

Paleo Sweet Potato Waffles


Good morning Paleo peeps!  
Today I'm sharing my favorite Paleo waffles with you- Sweet Potato Waffles that is.  
 When you eat the Paleo way, sometimes you need a change from the usual eggs for breakfast.  Here is a great way to change it up and add some comfort food to your Paleo morning.  
The consistency is really nice and they taste great dipped in a little 100% real maple syrup. 
 Let me know what you think! 

Ingredients:  
1 large sweet potato, cooked
3 eggs
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons round cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup almond butter
12 teaspoon nutmeg

Directions:  
1.  Preheat your waffle iron to your desired heat setting.  
2.  Using a blender, place all ingredients in and process until thoroughly blended.  
3.  This will create a thin batter.  
4.  Spray some non-stick cooking spray on your waffle iron.  (I use the coconut oil spray from Trader Joes or brush on melted coconut oil)
5.  Pour the desired amount of batter onth the waffle iron and allow to cook until the waffle is golden brown.  
6.  Remove from the waffle iron and top wit your favorate toppings. 
ENJOY!

**This recipe and others can be found in the book:   "4 More Weeks of Fabulous Paleolithic Breakfasts" .  
You can find it here.  
This book is one of my favorites for Paleo breakfasts!
~Lindsay


2 comments:

  1. Hey Linds, I want to make these! Can I use any substitutions like PB for the almond butter? Lactaid mild for the coconut milk? (Just trying to save myself a trip to the store.)
    Thank you! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the delayed response! I'm still getting a hang of this whole blog thing.
    hmmmm....not sure of the modifications. Since its been a while since your post, have you tried any of them? Lactaid milk may work instead of the coconut milk. I wonder how the peanut butter would work too. Using those items would make these non-paleo. I don't drink milk or use peanut butter so guess Im not much help on this one. Let me know how it worked out for you xoxo

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS